About Working Direct For FEMA Or Other US Agencies

To get a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) contract, or work with the US Government at any level, your firm first must be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM), which absorbed FEMA’s former Debris Removal Contractor Registry. SAM combines federal procurement systems and the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance into one system and often was referred to as CCR – ORCA. Additionally, when you obtain a SAM Account, your firm is assigned a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code, a five-character Identification used within the federal government, which is issued by the Defense Logistics Agency to identify a specific facility at a specific location.