Last year, CareerBuilder.com released a study with shocking results. Of the several thousand American workers polled, an alarming 78% of them live paycheck to paycheck. In the same study, more than half of workers believed they would always be in debt. More than a quarter (26%) did not save a penny every month, and another 31% saved an average of $100 or less.
Living Paycheck to Paycheck is a Way of Life for Majority of U.S. Workers, According to New CareerBuilder Survey
– 78 percent of U.S. workers live paycheck to paycheck to make ends meet
– Nearly one in 10 workers making $100,000+ live paycheck to paycheck
– More than 1 in 4 workers do not set aside any savings each month
– Nearly 3 in 4 workers say they are in debt today – more than half think they will always be
– More than half of minimum wage workers say they have to work more than one job to make ends meet